Veg Power C.I.C (‘VegPower’ or ‘we’) is committed to protecting the personal data you provide to us or we collect about you when you visit any of our websites, social pages, events or use any of our digital platforms (our ‘services’).
- our Social Pages: social media pages and accounts for “Veg Power” and “Simply Veg” and “EatThemToDefeatThem”.
- our Contact channels: where you provide or submit your personal information to us by email, phone, SMS, on social media (for example in response to a competition or promotion), in letters and in person.
- our relationships with business partners, licensees and suppliers (where you are their staff member, officer or agent).
It also relates to any personal information you provide or submit to us by email, phone, SMS, on social media (for example in response to a competition or promotion), in Messenger and other chat bots, in letters and in person.
There may be other privacy policies or terms and conditions that apply to certain services we provide or promotions/competitions we run. Please always read these when you participate in these promotions or register for these services.
WHO WE ARE
When you visit our Websites, use our Services, interact with us (including via our Social Pages) or your personal information is otherwise submitted to us, Veg Power C.I.C (‘us’ and ‘we’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (and still applies to the United Kingdom after Brexit) and local applicable laws.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The types of information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. There are three ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- directly from you;
- from other sources; and
When you engage with any one of our services (our printed materials, websites, apps, competitions, newsletters, online shops etc.), we may collect personal data about you. Different services may require different types of information.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE DIRECTLY FROM YOU
Whenever you interact with us directly, we receive information from you, for example when you:
- correspond with us, for example by using the contact forms on our Websites, by using Facebook Messenger, or by emailing us
- sign-up for an account with partners.vegpower.org.uk
- sign up to receive any of our marketing or newsletters
- enter any competitions or prize draws we run
- comment on recipes and content on the Websites
- submit content to us, for example if you post a selfie and use one of our hashtags on your public social media account in response to one of our competitions or tag us in a tweet or other social media post.
INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM OTHER SOURCES
Sometimes we also obtain information about you from other sources, for example when you:
- complete one of our surveys – we receive your answers and any personal information you provide within your answers from Survey Monkey or Zoho Forms
- have personal information about you which is publicly accessible such as on Companies House or another government website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you access and browse any of our Websites or use our Services, we collect information about your usage and activity on our Websites or Services using certain technologies, such as cookies and web beacons.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, the reasons we use your personal information can be categorised as follows:
- to provide and sometimes also personalise our products or Services to you
- to enable you to partake in our prize draws or competitions
- to maintain and improve our Services and our Websites’ infrastructure
- to manage relationships and contracts with our potential, current or recent business partners, licensees and suppliers, where you are their staff member, officer or agent.
Where we propose to use your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first (and if required, obtain your consent).
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Generally, we will only use your personal data within the Veg Power group to provide you with the campaign, service or product you have requested, or to provide you with information about other Veg Power products or services where we have your permission or a legitimate interest in doing so.
We will also disclose your information to other trusted third parties with your consent, or where we have justification for doing so (see “How and why we use your information”). This may include a third party who is helping us to provide a service to you, such as drawing competition winners, prize providers and/or our IT and database services.
We will never sell sell or supply your data to third parties for any purpose other than delivering the campaigns, services and products of Veg Power
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We collect all personal information for one or more specific purpose. This means that we hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. Once that purpose has been fulfilled, we will securely delete the data, unless we are required to keep the data longer for legal, tax or accounting reasons. For example, if you change your registration profile to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your relevant details will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Alternatively we will anonymise your information, so that we (or anyone else) can no longer tell that the data relates to you, at which point your information will cease to be considered personal information.
REASONS WE CAN USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section addresses the legal basis for processing your personal data.
The legal bases on which we rely in each instance where we collect and use your personal data, generally, are:
- consistent with your consent, which, for newsletters and marketing you may revoke at any time in the Subscription Centre, which can be accessed by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our emails – if you’re having any issues unsubscribing please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing safe Website/Services, fraud detection, tailoring your experience on our Websites/Services, knowing how customers use our Website/Services and products, keeping our Websites/Services updated and relevant, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy, and managing our relationships and fulfilling contracts with business partners, licensees and suppliers, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, you have the right to access your personal data and require that we rectify any errors in the data that we hold, or request that we erase your personal data subject to certain limitations. In some circumstances, you can also require that we restrict the way we process your personal data, object to its processing or request a copy of your personal data for the purposes of transmitting elsewhere. Where we have requested and obtained your consent to process particular information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. However if we do not hold all the data we need to administer contracts, orders, competitions or challenges you entered into, we may not be able to provide you with these benefits any longer.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please send your request to us via either of the methods described below under “How to Contact us”and:
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg your full name and contact details – including your email address); and
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates (eg details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates).
Please note that we may ask you to provide proof of identity when considering your request.
If your request relates to unsubscribing from any newsletters or marketing, you can do this at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our emails. If you’re having any issues unsubscribing please email email@example.com. Please note it may take up to 14 days for your request to be fulfilled and you may continue to receive our emails during this period.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Our website uses HTTPS which means that all data transferred from your web browser to our servers is encrypted. Our data servers are located in the United Kingdom or European Union. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
For detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online risks, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us please:
- use this form, OR
- write to us at Data Protection Officer, Veg Power C.I.C. College House, 2nd Floor, 17 King Edwards Road, LondonHA4 7AE
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or 0303 123 1113.
DO YOU NEED EXTRA HELP?
Please note: If you are aged 18 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal data. Unless your parent/guardian has given us this permission, please don’t give us your information.
This policy may be updated from time to time to keep up with legal and/or business developments, so please check each time you submit personal data to any of our services. The date of the most recent changes will appear at the start of each section of this policy.